I’m going to start reviewing companies primarily located in Denver with a focus on the clothing and beauty industry. My first review goes to glo minerals, a local Denver makeup company that is now my new obsession. I got the scoop on my top five favorite products as well as why I think this company is so awesome.
- Pressed Base: I am a big fan of pressed powder rather than liquid foundation because my skin is so sensitive. This pressed powder is smooth, doesn’t clog my pores and also gives me the ample coverage I need.
- Brow Powder Duo: Have you tried filling in your eyebrows? This is my new obsession and just a little bit of this powder makes a world of a difference.
- Cream Blush: This blush gives my skin a hydrated, “alive” look. Just a little bit goes a long way (avoid porcelain doll route).
- Suede Matte Crayon: My issue with any kind of lipstick is that it dries out my already dry smackers. This crayon works wonders because it goes on like a moisturizers and dries with a beautiful matte finish. My favorite colors (look best with a an olive-like skin tone): demure, sorbet and trademark.
- Gentle Cream Cleanser: THE BEST CLEANSER EVER! I always thought a cleanser that centered around acne was my need, but all I really need is a cleanser free of dyes, fragrance, parabens, etc. Sensitive skin lovers can rejoice.
Glo minerals is not tested on animals, made with all those good-for-your-skin minerals and locally made. Below is the shoot I did with them for their blog (blog post coming soon!) wearing all my new favorite goodies. Make sure to check out their website too!
Jeans: Forever 21
Jacket: Inspyre Boutique
Necklace: Inspyre Boutique