In a city that never sleeps with 8 million people and 8 million things to do, it’s overwhelming deciding the best use of every weekend. This past weekend I decided to be a tourist (oh wait, that’s every day). Here are a few activities I’d recommend:
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art : FREE : the building itself is gorgeous – I could spend an entire weekend in this museum. It’s very overwhelming. The Egyptian exhibit was my favorite because the life of King Tut has spoken to me my entire life. Why? Good question. Is “I’m into mummies” a good caption for dating apps?
- Central Park : FREE (obviously) : I mean this is a given. I could spend hours people watching. It’s very relaxing and a nice break from the city.
- Drag Show : No cover : I went to a drag show that happens every Saturday starting at 4 at Boots and Saddle in Greenwich Village. Apparently I was living the “classic New York experience.”
- Food hopping : Everywhere you go there is guaranteed amazing food. Pick a random spot and head there – I promise you won’t be disappointed. If you’re looking for cheaper options, I would recommend scouting Google Maps ahead of time. One time I spent $30 on two tiny pieces of fish and it was labeled “platter” on the menu. Worth it? I mean I got a cute Insta pic so yeah.
- Shopping : $54,940,375 : Fifth Avenue and Soho are my two favorite places to shop so far. New York shopping is just unreal and unlike any other place I’ve ever lived. It’s very hard to not spend my entire bank account because I’m surrounded by everything beautiful, designer or not.
- MoMA : $25 : The Museum of Modern Art is by far my favorite museum. Right now they have a “Is Fashion Modern?” exhibit and it’s so interesting to learn how the different influencers/designers over the years have created this culture unlike any other industry. It’s $25 for the day and $200 if you go to the amazing restaurant upstairs on the 5th floor overlooking the Sculpture Garden.
- Random explorations : Wander. My favorite part about living in this city is just picking a spot and exploring that area. I guarantee there is something going in any part of the city every single day of the year.
That’s all I have for now. I’ll try to do posts like these every 1-2 months so stay tuned for more!
Till next time,